Xylitol Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking with Xylitol: Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Life can still be sweet without sugar as a part of your lifestyle! As our health conscious community has evolved over the last couple of decades, we’ve been learning a lot about sugar alternatives. Healthcare professionals around the world agree that xylitol is the best sugar alternative for your health and well-being. Over the past 25 years clinical studies have proven xylitol to specifically benefit upper respiratory health, oral health, and contain anti-aging properties. Now available as a dry good, baking with xylitol can make your recipes sweeter than ever!
Xylitol is an all-natural sweetener derived from fruits, vegetables, and plant fibers. It’s similar in taste and appearance to sugar. When it comes to baking with xylitol, it can be substituted for sugar in any recipe in which the sugar does not liquefy, or any recipe in which sugar does not caramelize at any temperature or cooking length. Baking with xylitol has many benefits when compared to baking with sugar:
- It has the same sweetness level as sugar so it can be substituted equally, cup for cup.
- Xylitol has about half the calories of sugar (2.4 calories per gram vs. 4 calories per gram).
- Xylitol won’t spike your blood sugar, making it perfect for those leading a sugar free, low sugar, or low carbohydrate lifestyle.
- It won’t feed the bad bacteria in your stomach like sugar does.
Here’s a simply delicious recipe to kick start your switch to baking with xylitol:
Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Yields: 24 cookies
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- ¾ XyloSweet (Xylitol)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 oz. Raw Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, with a large spoon, mix the almond butter, XyloSweet, egg, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Using a ½ table spoon measuring scoop, spoon the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Slightly flatten by using a fork to make a crisscross pattern
- Bake for 13-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and place on cookie rack
- Let stand for 3 minutes
- Savor the sweetness of your cookies without the sugar!
Visit bakesugarfree.com for more great tasting sugar-free recipes