Spry Dental Defense supports your busy, on-the-go lifestyle with its active stance, to ensure you can enjoy a happy, healthy smile.
SPRY DENTAL DEFENSE
Spry pioneers innovative, effective oral care products to stabilize and improve your oral health.
Natural & Effective
- Natural ingredients, like xylitol, that pack a punch for healthy teeth and gums.
Easy & Convenient
- Products to use at home and on-the-go for optimal care throughout the day.
- Formulations that target bad bacteria while supporting the good.
Detail-Oriented with Big Picture in Mind
- Mindset to improve oral health and in return, support your heart, brain, and body.
Defensive & Restoring
- Products that fight against bad bacteria, remineralize teeth, and restore a healthy microbiome.
SPRY DENTAL DEFENSE
The Spry Dental Defense® brand offers a full range of oral care products, from toothpaste and mouthwash to gum and mints, to provide you with a complete system for a healthy smile. Add to cart or click to read more.
Stabilizes Oral Health
A seminal xylitol study wanted to find the differences in the rate at which cavities formed as influenced by different kinds of sugars. The scientists found a large reduction in cavities with the use of xylitol.
- Scheinin, A., Mäkinen, K. K., & Ylitalo, K. (1976). Turku sugar studies. V. Final report on the effect of sucrose, fructose and xylitol diets on the caries incidence in man. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, 34(4), 179–216.
Improves Oral Health
K.K. Makinen, one the of pioneers of xylitol research, wanted to see how xylitol and other polyols affect oral health by remineralizing teeth. “The scientific and clinical information available today indicates that habitual use of xylitol can be associated with significant reduction in the incidence of dental caries and with remineralization.”
- Mäkinen, K. K. (2010). Sugar alcohols, caries incidence, and remineralization of caries lesions: a literature review. International Journal of Dentistry, 2010, 981072.
In one study, researchers found that a combination of trimetaphosphate, xylitol, and erythritol affected the uptake of fluoride so much that it strengthened enamel 33% more than fluoride alone.
- Marcato, R. A., Garbelini, C. C. D., Danelon, M., Pessan, J. P., Emerenciano, N. G., Ishikawa, A. de S., Cannon, M. L., & Delbem, A. C. B. (2021). In situ evaluation of 200 ppm fluoride toothpaste content trimetaphosphate, xylitol and erythritol on enamel demineralization and dental biofilm. Journal of Dentistry, 111, 103724.
Tooth Health that Lasts
Studies have shown that using xylitol has long-lasting effects on tooth health. In one study, the likelihood that subjects would develop cavities was still reduced even after 5 years since they regularly chewed xylitol gum. “When teeth erupted during the second year of habitual xylitol gum-chewing, the long-term caries risk reduction was 93%.”
- P. P. Hujoel, K. K. Mäkinen, C. A. Bennett, et al., “The optimum time to initiate habitual xylitol gum-chewing for obtaining long-term caries prevention,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 797–803, 1999.
Works Against Cavity-Causing Bacteria
This study found that xylitol blocked adhesion of bacteria to epithelial cells, showing that xylitol inhibits bacteria from sticking to tissue, which allows the body to wash them away.
- Kontiokari, T., Uhari, M., & Koskela, M. (1998). Antiadhesive effects of xylitol on otopathogenic bacteria. The Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 41(5), 563–565.
Supports Whole-Body Health
Studies show that there is a link between oral health and whole-body health. Researchers have found that gum disease is connected to cardiovascular disease among other conditions and diseases. A happy mouth leads to a happy body.
- Dhadse P, Gattani D, Mishra R. The link between periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease: How far we have come in last two decades? J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2010 Jul;14(3):148-54.
Our Xylitol Basics page offers an introduction to the science behind xylitol and highlights several studies considered foundational to its use in healthcare products.
See what people are saying about Spry
“My husband is a dentist... Our own children have used xylitol products since they were old enough to eat solid foods. Spry is a great product! We will continue to buy....indefinitely.”H.S.5 Star Amazon Review
“Minty and fresh without being painful...yay! I have a sensitive mouth and was looking for some gentle but effective toothpaste, and this is it... I also use Spry mouthwash and mints, and love them equally as much as this toothpaste.”K. C.5 Star Amazon Review
“These mints have a pleasant and sweet minty exterior and a minty pressed-powder center... Just one or two of these things is enough to freshen the absolute heck out of you mouth. My dentist recommended these to me several years ago...”N. S.5 Star Amazon Review
“I have been using Spry mouthwash for several years now, at the request of my dentist. Of course, after using it a few times, you are sold on it anyway...”M. M.5 Star Amazon Review